Maurizio Sarri hits back at Napoli chairman's criticism - 'He is missing me'

Maurizio Sarri hits back at Napoli chairman's criticism - 'He is missing me'

Maurizio Sarri hits back at Napoli chairman's criticism - 'He is missing me'

Maurizio Sarri insists Ruben Loftus-Cheek will not leave Chelsea before the closure of the transfer window even though the midfielder may struggle for game time.

The England star featured during Chelsea FC's 3-0 win over Huddersfield Town earlier this month but he was not named in the squad for the Blues' 3-2 win over Arsenal on Saturday evening.

We will need more of a cutting edge than we had against Cardiff though, and I am hoping Rafa Benitez gives Salomon Rondon his first start, replacing Joselu, who was ineffective last time out. It's the right way to think for him, but I have to think for everybody.

Hazard continues to be linked with leaving Stamford Bridge, with Real Madrid yet to replace Cristiano Ronaldo. I've spoken with him twice after I spoke with the club.

Asked if he felt De Laurentiis' criticism is fair, Sarri said with a smile: "I don't know".

Alvaro Morata has said he wants to score more than 30 goals this season but will accept fewer if Chelsea win the Premier League.

More news: Jury deliberations start in Manafort trial

But Sarri said he was not anxious about Chelsea's defensive performances this season and stated that he will not return to a back three. But I have to think for everybody. What I will say is that be sure that when you go to the stadium you support the team, because it is the only way for us to be stronger.

"I think Eden will stay with us for all of the season".

"Loftus-Cheek will remain with us", he said.

Hazard was given an extended break after featuring for finalists Belgium in the World Cup and has come on as a substitute in Chelsea's two matches this season.

These defensive lapses have not been enough to boring Sarri's optimism that his players will adapt to his ideas, though he warned he will not be able to change his system in the manner that predecessor Antonio Conte did when he made a spectacularly successful shift to a 3-4-3 formation two years ago and won the Premier League title. "I used five [defenders] years ago, but it's not my way.".

Related news